Tuesday 6 August 2013

Redundant

What a horrible word.

All the same, it looks as if much of my writing so far hits the mark.

Why? Not because it doesn't function, but because it doesn't fit.

I read a bit more (lot more) archaeology today and a bit more (little more) intermediality too. My carefully crafted usage of remediation/remediating pretty much align with the A/I strains.

At first I was a bit bummed, but the truth is this train situates and specifies exactly why my choice of theory matters.

Rather than spend/waste my time/words coming up with clever usages (flowery) of slippage-heavy terms, it makes my selection clearer and more relevant.

I'm basically trying to argue that immediacy is the wrong way to talk about theatre, so instead of being cheeky, I need to expose (as directly as possible) why this is so. I say expose, because explore is the wrong way.

Exploration is in the reading, but becomes redundant in the writing.

Get it? Hopefully you will when you read it.

Le Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment