Monday 19 August 2013

The Hangover

One thing that's good about hangovers is that for some reason I seem to do all the little things that've been building up, like washing or cancelling my internet contract.

Sure I feel like an echidna had a restless sleep in my throat, but I also have the residual sugar from too much beer which gives me the energy to do the neglected tasks.

I'm at the place where writing should start to come a little better, but because the little things have built up they've turned into a big thing, a stumbling block, and if you're going to feel like shit you might as well do something productive to pass the hours.

So today's mission is to fix the little stuff and get everything ready for some serious writing. I feel as if the writing is something I can do daily now, which is a real bonus, like each day I can put aside a few hours here and there and get some words out.

Neal said something about printing it all out, cutting it up and moving the paper into new arrangements before taking a photo and restarting. Sounds very much like a Foucaultian genealogy exercise.

Now I'm just rambling. See? Not so great for constructive work, but the hangover still works for getting things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment