Sunday 18 August 2013

Wedding

Preface: trashed.

I united two of my disparate groups today (undergrad and work). The most humorous thing was that both myself and the 'groom' (lesbian wedding) had a lot of the same friends.

I drank with both sides and spent a good hour just myself and Thom, talking about Honours and such. I also spent the same time with Fiona (currently a PhD candidate) in conversation.

We are all the same. I tried to pick up some girl, but she didn't get my ideas.

I wrote to my super, but she never replied.

Us 'academics' are ostracised. We think we're okay but we automatically move into each other's spheres. Thom's doing ancient Greek theatre and Fiona's doing hoarding in ADHD children, but we're all the same. We find it hard to relate to the rest.

I'm finally in a good place for writing, but in general I feel like an interface between everything. 

I'm tired, lonely and disconnected, but I've never felt more attuned with connecting others. At the same time I personally couldn't feel worse, seeing the clicks between everyone and seeing my own personal gap.

This is so alienating, especially for a performer (absolute team player) in experience, but it is also strangely illuminating and empowering.

But I'm cold, the girls have left and I'm tired sit his is a good time to call it.

Enter the Jewish forms of 'good luck' and 'congratulations' and we're done.

Much love to Krissy and Illana -

- Josh 


No comments:

Post a Comment