Tuesday 13 August 2013

Writer's Block

I was sick all of yesterday so I stayed in bed, watched anime and did nothing Uni related.

What happened when I woke up today? I was still sick, but I read a few things and started to write.

By that, I mean I sat at my computer and rewrote a single paragraph about 400 times.

Massive writer's block.

I know what I want to say, I just can't shrink it down into English.

I asked The Boss for tips and she said to just write in subheadings, picking concepts or big readings and writing about them. I tried that for a bit but I'd been too long in the blockage so I wrote out a revised plan of attack and started looking up potential supervisors for PhD (which is looking slimmer by the day - especially if I keep writing like this) roles.

I like the look of one guy, but he may or may not be marking my Honours paper so I'm not certain about the rules. On the plus side, if he did take me on at least he'd have an idea how I write.

I'm really hoping a good sleep and an early rise will assist in my block. Kind of have a few thousand words I need to rip out...

No comments:

Post a Comment