Friday 26 April 2013

Characters

Done!

Finished the essay and rather than a sigh of relief I breathe heavily in anticipation.

I know much more about three things.

Immediacy.

Interactive Mixed-Media Performance.

Where I sit - and where I need to get to.

That being said, I'm going to take a day off (well, I'm still working at my regular job and I'll be heading to the gym, but a day off academic thought).

In doing so, I grabbed a really good coffee after submitting my essay and caught eyes with a really intense looking guy who was having a conversation with one of the baristas, which led him (the intense guy) to lose all track of where he was. Instead the three of us invented a new mutually inclusive conversation about the strange people - like us - that work in and appear before those-who-work-in hospitality.

Which reminded me a lot of the people I've been reading and reading about. There are some real crazies out there, wherever you go.

Like my milk pouring friend said "We work here not to escape the characters - but because we get to meet them."

Which is what I'll be more of, as well as writing more of.

Characters. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment