Monday 22 April 2013

Quest

I've been going about this all wrong.

I've been coming to this realisation slowly, but the last week has really brought it home, especially today.

I am a gung-ho person (as previously discussed in my Animal post), but the problem with attacking things head on is that I'm using my head for bludgeoning, and not for thinking.

Take my precursor. I smashed myself with masses of technology and new programs, which while it was fun to do and great to view, ended up distracting me from the point of the exercise in some major ways.

It was a 7/10 event, where I'm aiming for 9+.

That hurt a little, but pain can be welcome sometimes. It reminds us we're alive, but it also gives us scars that we learn from.

In my case, use my head for thinking, and use my fingers and toes for checking the water. One hand can punch while the other blocks, leaving the head protected - and ready to calculate the next blow, or the next evasion.

It's good to learn now, near the start, so I can plan for the coming war. I lost the first battle, but the siege continues.

Sieges require strategy, planning and exploration to execute efficiently. Quests require a goal - and that's it.

The quest is dead. Long live the exploration!

No comments:

Post a Comment