Saturday 27 April 2013

Old flames

Since I've such a fire in my belly for what's happening now, it makes sense to have a very realistic dream (as far as dreams go) about an old flame I've been out of touch with for a while now, right?

I've attempted to track her down once or twice but failed miserably. Her name, unlike mine, is uber-common, and she's further off the grid than I was for a while.

Anyway, through the magic of Stalkbook, I managed to find her - in Fiji - and since I came into a little money I might just go on an adventure. Or I might not.

The thing that has me about Honours is just how close everything is - and how interconnected. I'd wager I could play six-degrees with anything(s) and make it.

I started with a finite, fast-paced goal to be reached for pure ambition, and I'm now faced with a myriad of possibilities and no rush to achieve any of them.

It's a strange feeling. I like to think of myself as driven, but I always end up in odd places with stranger people.

Instead of Honours giving me focus (although it has), I'm starting to understand myself and my way of working - in life, in general - in better terms.

This in itself is a lifetime of unpacking, but rather than play it that way I'm really content to just let the cards fall.

Strange. Old flame to present day in less than six...

No comments:

Post a Comment