Wednesday 18 September 2013

Now

Gotta get it out now before it fades.


I finished the Hypermediate Theatre section (it'll never be finished but it'll do for now), then did Virtual Reality, Remediation and Theatre (too short but good enough) and also killed Gob Squad. Got halfway into Punchdrunk, realised I had 1200 good words in a day (the same as the last five days total) and opened a bottle of wine...

Anyway, aside from wine being far less inhibiting than beer, I realised that I may need to add ABC (AvatarBodyCollision) to the mix.

Reasoning:

The 'Squad hit the nail when it comes to interactivity across new/old interfaces, as well as firing up the presence/co-presence angle.
P Drunky destroy the VR aspect in terms of immersion and the convergent aspect of stuff creating other stuff beyond the event (have a look at Causey or Jenkins as to how this works).

ABC work in almost the reverse aspect, which is why they're so powerful, basically creating totally digital theatre that adheres to both theatrical and new media convention. Sounds like FU(% 4(( to you but is everything to me (sorry - that's the wine talking).

Anyhow, I'm 2300 words into a 3300 word chapter with 2 days in the bag, only my days are terribly full and this chapter is moving towards 5K rather than the other way.

Done... for NOW...

No comments:

Post a Comment