Sunday 24 March 2013

A very obligatory post...

This one is as the title implies, because I made a promise.

Anyhow, I managed to fire off a few comments and receive a few in return regarding the Sarup reading. Kim shot me a great article (thesis actually) which I had a chance to read a little of and Steven gave me some people (potentially) doing some Skype-based performing.

Pretty cool stuff guys!

I also had the fortune of passing some knowledge on to Ben (Boal works for him too) which is lovely.

In other news, I played voice for my ex-girlfriend's film project, spending my morning somewhere between Russian and American accents and trying to sync with a visual, which I happen to be pretty good at. She put four hours aside for the project and we did it in one, with most of that hour consisting of the two of us talking crap and making jokes.

Afterward we had tea and started talking about our projects. Katie's looking at granulated sound clouds (makes more sense when she tells you about it) and I'm looking at the spectrum of live-to-immediate (which sounds minute but is actually massive). I also laid a pet project on her (my extension of "Connected" with more video, live bodies and audience participation from within and without - kind of like Boal [Forum Theatre] meets Tamara Saulwick [especially Pin Drop] meets Uncle Semolina and Friends [Rupture] on crystal), asking Katie if she'd like to compose. She agreed, which is wonderful because she is great at what she does and we have that level of communication you can only have with someone you've been 100% intimate and honest with. She also told me I'm a natural for ADR and VO, which is great because I love doing it.

Another avenue to explore. When will I get the time!!

Anyhow, I'm wrecked but in a much better place mentally than yesterday. I also have the morning off so I have a little chance to get some more reading done. I'm also really looking forward to meeting my super (potential super) on Tuesday and starting to make some concrete inroads.

Whew! I gess this wasn't so obligatory after all. And remind me to share some of the videos (yes, I took videos) of my work today.

G'night.



No comments:

Post a Comment