Wednesday 20 March 2013

Putting it into practice

After the lecture today I went to the newsagency and picked up an A3 art book.

Following this I went home and pulled out my video camera. The picture quality is wonderful (1080i is okay by me) and the thing is easy to use. The only problem I have is that converting the files from my camcorder to my Mac is currently beyond me.

Instead, I'll have to start with my iEverything and work towards the camera - or perhaps use the camera to document another angle of what I'm doing.

Anyway, a few of the readings I've been doing have really been pushing my mind in a totally different direction, namely Susan Davis' "Liveness, mediation and immediacy" and her discussion about Susan Kozal (more on her later) and Blast Theory (more on them too).

It still isn't clear where I'm going exactly, but having commenced my documentation of my thoughts and process, I've at least got my own trajectory to follow and draw something out of.

It was also nice to hear Peter speak of the research process in a way I could really relate to. Now all that's left is doing it.

Practice makes perfect..?

No comments:

Post a Comment