Monday 11 March 2013

Asking for help works

I did a little bit of work the usual way - by jumping on the computers at Uni and entering a few key terms - and got lucky, stumbling across the relative god of my research sector, a man by the name of Philip Auslander.

I pulled a couple of readings out and had a skim over them, then tried a couple of other sources. The two best resources I've found for initial readings are lecturers and facebook.

Wait... Facebook?

I messaged Mr Auslander himself and he actually wrote back to me, directing me to his website and assuring me if it could be made into a pdf, he'd help me out.

Don't be afraid to ask anyone for help.

As for my prior lecturers, I shot out a couple of emails and now I'm holding a list of six articles and books, as well as the email of a fellow researcher in the creative arts who lives in Melbourne and is currently practicing in the realm of liveness and immediacy in performance.

And now, all I have to do is read a small phonebook of information that may or may not be relevant - but at least I'm getting help from some pretty good sources!

No comments:

Post a Comment