Monday 25 March 2013

Coconut Oil

Recently I was discussing with my brother the merits of an all-natural lifestyle. I've been a vegetarian for over eight years and I've recently quit smoking, so it seems like a good time to go all the way.

He was telling me about coconut oil, and how it can be used in pretty much everything - skin, hair, food - for only good. Liam's been using it for a while now and it is definitely working for him, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I put it into my hair and felt the difference almost immediately, but it wasn't amazing. Day one, my hair was oily. Day two, my hair was great. Day three, my hair was dry. Hmm..

I tried it on my skin. Same formula, only my skin became super dry, cracked and painful very quickly. More coconut oil only made it worse.

I tried it on my food. It all tasted better (I eat a lot of Asian-style food so that's no surprise) and aided my digestion.

Since the initial experiment I've read a bit more about the coconut oil. Turns out it isn't some miracle cure - like everything else, it works differently for different people.

How does this relate to Honours? Simple.

I have a lot of readings that people have given me. Some of them fit perfectly. Some of them have no use to me whatsoever and others have specific parts of great worth but are otherwise worthless to me. Others only work in conjunction with alternate readings.

What I'm trying to say here is that not everything is a miracle reading that will give you a huge epiphany and take you into the heart of your research project. The Sarup reading from Neal was a gateway reading for me: it brought nothing new to my knowledge but allowed new articles to head my way from reading it. Those new articles sparked my interest more directly: while it wasn't good for my 'skin', it was great for my digestion.

Crack open some coconuts, eat the flesh fresh, toss the shell. But remember to save the oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment