Saturday 30 March 2013

Going Mobile

Today I really started using some of the tech I've been looking at.

I went heavy on Zotero and started creating a library. I felt pretty chuffed - turns out I've read more than I thought.

Still feel like I need to read more though.

I've also become pretty adept at the old picture messages, mapping and sending people places. A friend was giving people a lift home and didn't quite know where she was, so I mapped where she was, where she needed to go and shot her updated photos as she went along. Kind of like a big LB[M]G as we got the ins and outs sorted. It started with a call and became progressively less co-present until finally it was an asynchronous effort ending in a brief thank-you text.

I also scored a funny little chat app by the name of Kakao Talk which aside from being rad if you have Korean friends (or Anglo friends that are tech and cash savvy) is worth it just for the emoticons alone.

I finally have a day off tomorrow so I'm going to read a little more and get a start on an assignment or two, but for now I'm disconnecting and going off mobile.


 Yeah, this is a real conversation between myself and my brother...

No comments:

Post a Comment