Sunday 19 May 2013

Dumber

The theme of today's conversations has been around people getting dumber.

It's a general observation, but it seems that as a whole the race isn't really progressing in the brain department.

It's like the conversation about which journal to write for - the one with 120 readers or the metropolitan newspaper.

The problem is, if you write for the little journal, you become an elitist. If you write for the big one, you become an idiot.

What if you write for neither, and just do something else?

I'm reading the old Jean Baudrillard via Blast Theory, and the guy makes some good points. I need to read a little more before I put pen to paper, but something about this chasing perfection even though it is impossible seems to be hitting me, the hyperreality deal.

It has me thinking in a slightly different way about everything, but certainly about how I might/change/bend the simalcra/simalcrum into my Big Game.

Better talk to Jayden first - then I'll feel dumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment