Friday 31 May 2013

Immediacy in Theatre. Games.

Collective-immediacy, as attached as I am, may have put the cue before the ball (horse/cart is useless for me, but since I play snooker, contact juggle and fire-twirl, this metaphor genuinely works).

The latest development is a taxonomy of games that include a performative element. Big, urban, locative, hybrid, pervasive and theatre, each offers an alternate experience of immediacy, and I'm kind of excited about exploring the nuances offered within the space.

It's not biting off more than I can chew (metaphors are thick tonight), but digesting what is within my tract. It also does the Honours thing of A+B=?, whereas CI compounds the equation (A+B)+(C+D/E)=?

Worth looking at in the morning, but I feel like I'm making headway in a few regards, and that this is the least troublesome and potentially most rewarding for all concerned at the present.

A rare double-post. Off to play midnight soccer - how often does that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment