Monday 20 May 2013

Timelines

Just finished an outline of my exegesis for the Boss tomorrow, as well as run through my slides for the CERES presentation.

Play is the thing that emerged as an overarching thing.

I've already been over this, but it keeps coming back and it is hard to ignore.

But that's neither here nor there for the moment. The main thing is I've given myself enough time to get my project done with editing to spare - provided I get cracking. It's reasonable, it's busy and it's very active, but as long as I have F&#K all coursework next semester it might even be good.

I've also been reading a bit more on Punchdrunk and Gob Squad. It's got me moving my essay around for Danielle. She asked me to refine as much as possible, then write big from there. I wanted Big Games. Now I'm looking at BGs in the UK. Now I'm trying to find a year when all three (Blast Theory included) had a bit going on. 

If I can get this right, I'll have the option of exploring my project/exegesis in three parts - and have the first two well under way.

Part 1: Immediacy etc - Adrian's Essay

Part 2: Big Games etc - Danielle's Essay

Part 3: The exegesis - my project

Also going to talk to the Boss about the potential for heading off to this thing in Madrid that Adrian sent me. Such a great opportunity and I'm sure the Uni'll get cred so everybody wins. Provided I get accepted of course!!

Stuff gets done when you make timelines, and things don't look so far away - which is both good and bad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment