Monday 13 May 2013

Timing

I took a break from essaying (in my usual style - smashing out 500+ words and starting to veer off track), walked to my local park and opened a beer in order to clear my head.

Sounds crazy, but considering the hangover I'm sporting a couple of beers is a great cure.

Anyway, a small ball of fur decided to say hello and somewhat attached to him was a lovely man by the name of Joseph. We made brief small talk then launched directly into medium/large talk - turns out he's an AV/sound designer from Brisbane who knows a few of the same people I do and a whole lot more.

We switched numbers and stories while his dog ran around. He offered to read my essays and gave me a bunch of people to talk to. He also gave me pretty liberal access to his library. I gave him food for thought and a few shows to see for possible inspiration and networking opportunities.

Made my evening.

I also got a call from a friend asking me for an interview. Made me feel a little bit important, but also scared because I'm me so what am I doing being interviewed about anything? We started talking about my project and he offered to come on board if I need bodies. A fair exchange in my book.

I also had a meet with Neal this morning about where I'm headed regarding my postcursor. It turns out that the writing I've been doing over the last few days really was in a more constructive vein. He invited me to the next PPPPP event, but as always, I'm busy! One day I'll make it Neal!

I have writing that needs doing, but I had to take some time out to remark on the timing itself.

It's everything, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment